Total Pageviews

Wednesday 4 May 2011

Personalities

To this day I still am amazed at how strong horses personalities are and how different they can be from one another. I heard a quote yesterday from our farrier: "some of us learn about people through horses". I find this to be so true as horses can teach us that no one is the same and that our personalities determine our actions. I also believe that some of us learn patients from our horses, we rely onthis in life to deal with other people. For example my horse, Whiz, is very shy until he gets to know someone, he has a hard time trusting others but once he does trust you he would do anything for you. I have had to have a lot of patients with working with him since I have had him since he was 2. With working with him I have learned to be patient and eventually thing will turn out the way you want.
This is also true to most animals that I have come in contact with including: cattle, dogs, and cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment